6.5.1-11 What could I do if I have committed a copyright infringement?


It is in the offender’s interests to try to come to an agreement under civil law with the injured party so that the latter withdraws, or does not file a complaint against them. The objective is for the injured party, in exchange for monetary compensation, to agree not to commence criminal or civil proceedings or agree to withdraw its complaint if need be.