6.1 Civil actions according to the CopA
In civil actions, the owner of the rights can file actions either cumulatively or alternatively for a prohibitory injunction, for remedy, for the provision of information and/or for damages. For example, a person asking the court to prohibit an imminent copyright infringement or to remedy an occurred infringement of their copyright can at the same time request it to award compensation for all the damages they have suffered as a result of this infringement.
Actions in the case of copyright infringement:
The following civil actions are specific to copyright matters:
● Action for declaratory judgement,
● Action for performance, which is divided into:
– action to prohibit an imminent infringement
– action to remedy an existing infringement,
– action for providing information
● Forfeiture of counterfeit goods.