Basics of Copyright
1. WHERE… is the work used and which national law is applicable?
2. WHAT… is a protected work?
3. WHO… owns the copyright in the work?
4. WHICH… rights in the work are protected?
5. HOW… may other people use a work?
6. AND… responsibility and sanctions?
7. Copyright and social media
3.1-2 A writer is mandated to write the biography of a prominent politician. However, the prominent politician is described in the book as the author who wrote the biography (“ghostwriter”). Who is the author of the biography?
The writer is the author. This person created the work.